Hyprland is a dynamic tiling Wayland compositor based on wlroots that doesn't sacrifice on its looks.
It supports multiple layouts, fancy effects, has a very flexible IPC model allowing for a lot of customization, and more.
Hyprland is still in pretty early development compared to some other Wayland compositors.
Although Hyprland is pretty stable, it may have some bugs.
- Easily expandable and readable codebase
- Config reloaded instantly upon saving
- Custom bezier curve based animations
- Dual Kawase blur
- Drop shadows
- Rounded corners
- Gradient borders
- Fully dynamic workspaces
- Closely follows
- Global keybinds passed to your apps of choice
- A lot of customization
- Bundled wlroots
- Window/layer fade in/out
- Tiling/pseudotiling/floating/fullscreen windows
- Switching workspaces between window modes on the fly
- Special workspaces (scratchpads)
- Window/monitor rules
- Socket-based IPC
wlr_extworkspaces protocol support
- Event system for bash scripts
- Full damage tracking
- Docks support
- Drawing tablet support
- Native IME + Input panels support
- and much more...
wlroots - For their amazing library
tinywl - For showing how 2 do stuff
Sway - For showing how 2 do stuff the overkill way
Vivarium - For showing how 2 do stuff the simple way
dwl - For showing how 2 do stuff the hacky way
Wayfire - For showing how 2 do some graphics stuff